Sunday, September 15, 2013

Not Nachos...Potachos


It might not be officially fall but it is starting to feel like it's here. Glowing orange pumpkins, varieties of squashes and cooler temperatures all remind me Fall is approaching. However, to me the biggest kick in the tush that Fall is here is FOOTBALL! Where I live it's everywhere. Kids practicing after school, the bright lights illuminating the sky from the local stadium and every television channel I click on there it is. 

With all this football it's no wonder I started craving football food. And one of my favorites is Nachos! Mmmm. It's kind of like a tailgater salad...right? Lettuce, beans, tomato, avocado, onions and cheese, all the things that make up a yummy salad. See you didn't realize how healthy they could be.

We didn't have any tortilla chips in the house but thankfully I remembered reading a recipe from Oh She Glows where she used potatoes instead of tortilla chips. Hurray! Since I was using potatoes instead of tortilla chips I thought it was only appropriate they be called POTACHOS! Plus it's fun to say...try it...POTACHOS!

With the combination of the Oh She Glows Black Bean and Potato Nacho Plate and some Veganomicon Cheese Sauce, potachos are a touchdown for any fan.  






No comments:

Post a Comment