Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fancy Pants Breakfast

For my fun time activity I like race bicycles on the weekend. This means that most of my weekends are taken up by traveling to races. So it's a lovely treat when I get to lounge around in my pajamas and enjoy some delicious pancakes.

I found the perfect recipe for Blueberry Banana Pancakes on the blog Love and Lemon.It was perfect because I had a banana hanging out that was desperately crying out to be used  and I had just purchased the last round of summer blueberries at the market.

Sounds delicious and really this couldn't get any better for a pajama lounging Sunday except I know...add Peaches. Yay Peaches! One of my favorite combinations is peaches and blueberries.

I created a basic peach sauce to drizzle over the blueberry banana pancakes. It was a simple peel and slice some peaches, throw in some sugar, throw in some cornstarch a dash of lemon juice and let it simmer until you have a peach sauce.

Once you're ready to serve stack the pancakes, pour on the peaches, add a few more blueberries and sprinkle on some almond slices.

As my boyfriend and I sat in our pajamas eating the delicious morning treat he stated how fancy this breakfast looked and that maybe we should put on our fancy pants.

I guess if you serve this to guest make sure to put on your fancy pajama bottoms and keep your pinkies up!


No comments:

Post a Comment