Monday, September 2, 2013

Keeping it Simple Hummus

Surprise, surprise the first recipe on the Doubting Hummus is...drum roll...HUMMUS! The shock has probably taken over you so I'll give you a moment.

I'm trying to stick to the rule of keeping things simple on this new vegan adventure. Not much could be easier than hummus. Delicious as a snack with veggies, better than mayo on sandwiches and should I be attacked by vampires a dab behind the ears will do wonders.

There are a handful of recipes out there for hummus. The recipe that I really enjoy is from Smitten Kitchen. It's simple, garlicky, creamy and oh so hummusie. Check out the recipe at Smitten Kitchen. It makes a great base so when you feel like living on the wild side you can add some roasted peppers or switch up the raw garlic for roasted garlic. 

Grab some veggies and dig in!

3 comments:

  1. Hummus is so delicious! What a great choice for your first recipe. I particularly like to add olives to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice! Keeping it simple while transitioning to a vegan diet is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried her recipe! I love how many different hummus recipes there are in the world, and how each one is just a little different. I usually use a recipe from Dreena Burton (I don't even remember which book right now), but I have made so many - and pretty much enjoyed them all!

    ReplyDelete